User menu

Parish Regional School

St. John Regional Catholic School is your parish school.  St. John has seven regional parishes in the Frederick County area.  Priority for acceptance is given to those families who are registered parishioners.

Fr. John McElroy, a Jesuit priest, founded St. John Regional Catholic School in 1829.  St. John is one of the oldest Catholic schools on the eastern seaboard.  The school had been located on E. Second St. in downtown Frederick until August 2005, at which time the school moved to its present location at 8414 Opossumtown Pike.

The new facility can accommodate 750 students in grades Pre-K through 8.  The state of the art building provides computer and science labs, media center/library, gymnasium, and sports fields.

The curriculum is based on the Elementary Course of Study as prescribed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore.  It is aligned with national standards and the Maryland State Department of Education.  A Catholic identity is woven into the learning process so that God’s presence is evident in all subject areas.

Information about admissions procedures and registration forms may be downloaded from the St. John school website at www.sjrcs.org.  Tuition assistance is also available.  Please call the school’s business office at 301-662-6722 for more information or visit www.tuitionaid.com.

Private tours of the school are available Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.  Please call the Office of Institutional Advancement at 301-695-9358 to make tour arrangements.